Breaking News

Pasta Primavera

Time to prepare my my favorite Pasta Primavera recipe. There is nothing better than fresh garden vegetables and pasta. This is the time of the year when we start planting the tomatoes, zucchini, string beans, eggplant etc. and hope to grow some of our the best vegetables right in our back yard. If you don’t grow your own vegetables then the grocer will work just fine.
This dish is a little time consuming if you want to get the vegetables cooked right. You don’t want to over or under cook any of the vegetables. I always use a steamer. I stopped boiling vegetables years ago. A steamer retains the nutrients and flavor of the vegetables much better than boiling. Instead of sautéing the vegetables at different times I like to steam some of them and set them aside until I’m ready to use them. It’s just something I do.
If you love fresh vegetables as much as I do, you’ll love this Pasta Primavera recipe.

Ingredients: 
  • Pasta, 1 pound of rotini or farfalle or something similar
  • Olive Oil
  • Garlic, 3 or 4 cloves
  • Yellow Squash, 2 or 3
  • Red Pepper, 1/2
  • Grape Tomatoes, a couple handfuls
  • Broccoli, 1/2 a head
  • Green Onions, one bunch
  • Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
  • White Wine, about a cup
  • Chicken Stock or Bouillon, 5 or 6 cups
  • Cream, 1/4 cup

Read full instructions on : ourlifeinthekitchen.com